Reading time: 3 minutes
It’s summer. Does that mean it’s time to unleash your MANKLE?
No need to switch to another tab to Google;‘mankle’ is a Spring-Summer trend of men going sockless. You heard that right!
- Sock less doesn’t really mean SOCK LESS
The goal of the naked ankles is to show off the shoes in all its glory. You don’t actually have to sacrifice on wearing socks for that. So, the first thing you should know
2. Right trousers worn
Be it jeans or chinos or smart trousers, they should all end at the ankle or just above it, so the best option is to wear cropped trousers. As for the fit, slim, tailored or skinny legwear.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t make do with your uncropped ones. Here’s how:
- Chinos – Fold the hem over
afewtimes to the desired height.
- Jeans – Pinch the excess
fabriconthe inside of the leg and fold back against the ankle before rolling it overontoitself. Perfect for showing off your favourite pair of sneakers.
- Trousers – Turn the trousers
upwithmeasured precision. Perfect for a more business casual look.
3. Of course, it’s all aboutthe shoes!
The whole point of mankle is to give yourshoes a chance to shine. So, it’s important you rock the right pair.
- Low-cut boots: work well with denims. Make sure the colour of the shoes complements the wash of the denim.
- Drivers and loafers: perfect with linen trousers and chinos. You can achieve a flawless smart casual look if you pair them with cropped smart trousers.
- Sneakers: You can rock them with a pair of cropped smart trousers, jeans or chinos and of course, with joggers.
- Derbies: If you dare, you can try a mankle in suits too! But always go for cropped suit trousers and pair them with derbies.
That’s all you need to know about the “mankle” and the art of sporting them. So, go forth and show some skin before it goes out of style!